As Christmas is fast approaching us, Santa and his helpers are already busy making sure that this year’s Santa’s Winter Wonderland is more magical than ever!
Did you know this year marks the 15th anniversary of our Christmas event? This makes it the longest-running real snow Christmas event in the country! Here are some of the top facts about Santa’s Winter Wonderland 2019.
- Each year, Santa and the Winter Wonderland team pick over 100 helpers to make sure that the event is the best it can be. Each of Santa’s helpers is involved in various different roles ranging from keeping the snow fluffy, to looking after our guests!
- Santa’s Christmas snow trail uses only real snow! Each year we need at least 60 tonnes of real snow to fill this area ready for your visit. That’s the same weight as 9 African Elephants. Not to mention all of the new snow we add throughout the event.
- Across your experience, we’re sure you’ll notice there are lots and lots of Christmas trees. Absolutely all of our trees on the snow trail are real and picked with love and care! We have approximately 250 trees and one giant Norway Spruce... look out for the 30-footer in one of the corners of the snow trail!
- With all of those Christmas trees, we need a lot of lights! We use around 420 – 520 metres of lights on our Christmas trees, however, if you include all of the lighting for Santa’s Winter Wonderland, we’re looking at over 1000 metres! That’s enough lights to decorate London’s Big Ben 10 times over!
- Every year, Santa’s Winter Wonderland has a brand new theatre show starring Santa himself! The Big Man is preparing a festive performance of the twelve days of Christmas. These shows are great fun for all the family, so get ready to join in the fun and frolics with the whole gang.
- Also, new this year is our free to ride children's carousel! This carousel is built in a traditional Victorian style and is one of a kind, designed especially for Santa’s Winter Wonderland!
- Since the beginning in 2005, Santa’s Winter Wonderland has enjoyed over a million visitors! With over 100,000 families experiencing the magic every year.