Safe Guarding & Equality
Safeguarding Policy Statement
SnowDome is committed to providing an environment in which all children (including adults at risk) participating in its activities have a safe and positive experience.
In order to achieve this SnowDome agrees to:
• Adopt and implement Wavepower the Swim England Child and Adults At Risk Safeguarding Policy and Procedures in full.
• Adopt and implement the Swim England Equality Policy and Procedures in full.
• Recognise that all children (including adults at risk) participating in activities regardless of their age, gender, race, faith, sexual orientation and ability have the right to enjoy their involvement in our sports in a safe environment and be protected from harm.
• Ensure that all individuals who work or volunteer with children (including adults at risk) in our organisation provide a positive, safe and enjoyable experience.
• Appoint a Welfare Officer with the necessary skills and training as outlined in Wavepower who will take the lead in dealing with all child and adult at risk safeguarding matters raised within the organisation.
• Ensure that the Welfare Officers’ name and contact details are known to all staff, members and parents/guardians of members that are under 18. The Welfare Officer (Emma Tabberer) can be contacted by email at email@example.com or by calling 03448 000011.
• Ensure that all individuals who work with children (including adults at risk) in the organisation have undertaken the appropriate training, have had the relevant DBS checks and adhere to Wavepower and the Regulations of our sports.
• Ensure that all individuals who will be working or will work with children and adults at risk in either a paid or voluntary role have been recruited in accordance with the Safe Recruitment Policy contained in Wavepower.
• Ensure that all individuals who work with children (including adults at risk) in the organisation have received the appropriate training for their role and been provided, understand and adhere to the requirements of the Codes of Conduct, Adult & Child Safeguarding Policies and the Equality Policy.
• Provide all members of the organisation and parents/guardians of members under 18 with the opportunity to raise concerns in relation to a child’s welfare (or an adult at risks welfare) in a safe and confidential manner.
• Ensure that all child (including adults at risk) safeguarding matters, whether they be concerns about welfare or protection, are dealt with appropriately in accordance with the guidance for reporting and action in Wavepower.
• Ensure that confidentiality is always maintained and in line with the best interests of the child or adult at risk.
• Ensure all information relating to child and adult at risk safeguarding matters are held safely and securely.
Child Safe Guarding policy can be downloaded here.
Adults At Risk Safe Guarding policy can be downloaded here.
Equality policy can be downloaded here.