SnowDome Fitness Club Rules
All SnowDome Fitness (the “Club”) members (“Members”), guests and visitors (together “you”) must comply with these Club Rules.
These Rules are incorporated into a Member’s Contract with us and compliance with these Rules is important both to maintain Club standards and to enable Members to get full enjoyment from their Membership. Any person who does not comply with these Rules may be ejected from or denied access to the Club or may have their Membership terminated by SnowDome Fitness if the non-compliance is serious.
The Club also has its own operational rules (on display in various parts of the Club) which you must also comply with.
We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to these Rules or the Club operational rules at any time. If we do this we will give Members reasonable advance notice by placing the new Rules on a noticeboard at the Club.
In these Rules “SnowDome Fitness”, “us”, “we” or “our” means SnowDome Limited. Words and phrases in these Rules have the same meanings as given in our Membership Terms & Conditions unless specified otherwise.
1. Acceptance of an application for Membership is at our absolute discretion (although we will exercise our discretion reasonably and in compliance with applicable laws).
2. Membership entitles Members to use the facilities available from time to time. There are different types of membership and facilities on offer and the types of memberships and facilities offered by us may change from time to time.
3 You should contact the Club if you would like further details of different types of SnowDome Fitness membership that are available. Each category of membership has different restrictions, conditions and benefits. Another category of membership may be of interest to you if your requirements or circumstances change.
4. A Membership Card will be issued to each Member when they join the Club.
5. There is a fee as set out in the Club price list for replacement of lost, stolen or damaged cards.
6. Each Member must have his/her card swiped or scanned for security and verification on each visit before proceeding into the Club. Any Member attending the Club without a valid Membership Card may be asked for proof of identification.
7. A Member must not lend his/her Membership Card to anyone else as Membership is personal and covers only the Member’s use of the Club.
8. On termination of Membership for any reason, the Member is required to surrender his/her Membership Card to the Club.
GUESTS AND VISITORS
9. Members over the age of 18 may bring guests over the age of 16 to the Club upon payment of: (a) the guest fee as set out in the Club price list current at the time of the guest’s visit charged by the Club; and (b) completion of a Pre-Activity Questionnaire by the guest.
10. Members must accompany their guest at all times and the Member who brings the guest remains responsible for their guest’s conduct whilst they are in the Club. The Member may not leave the Club prior to their guest’s departure.
11. Certain former members, persons who have applied for Memberships but have been rejected and former Members of staff may be ineligible to be a Member, or guest, of the Club.
If in doubt, the Member should check with the Club’s management for advice.
12. Members must ensure their guests pay the appropriate guest fee or surrender a valid guest pass (if applicable) before accompanying them into the Club.
13. Members must ensure that their guests comply with these Rules.
14. A person may be allowed to enter as a visitor to the Club by prior arrangement/ appointment subject to SnowDome Fitness’s absolute discretion and may be required to pay the visitor fee as set out in the Club price list current at the time of visit and at all times must complete a Pre-Activity Questionnaire.
15. Opening times for the Club will be prominently displayed.
16. You are respectfully requested to leave the gymnasium and pool areas half an hour before the Club is due to close and to leave the Club premises punctually at time of closing.
17. You may not bring pets (other than guide dogs) onto the Club premises.
18. You must not take any photographs or movie shots in the Club (including by using a camera on a mobile phone or PDA).
19. We reserve the right to use any individual or group photographs or movie shots of you for press or promotional purposes. However, where reasonably possible we will ask you to sign a SnowDome ‘use of image rights’ authorization form to consent to this usage.
20. We reserve the right to show potential Members and other individuals the facilities of the Club on a trial basis.
21. You must complete a Pre-Activity Questionnaire before using any facility of the Club.
22. You should seek instruction before using unfamiliar equipment.
23. You may not bring your own Personal Trainers into the Club.
24. Appropriate clean exercise clothing and shoes must be worn whilst exercising.
25. Gymnasium equipment must not be used for longer than 20 minutes during busy periods.
26. You are asked to wipe down gymnasium equipment after use.
27. You are asked to arrive at the gymnasium five (5) minutes prior to any personal training or induction appointment. We reserve the right to: refuse to re-book an appointment for you if you repeatedly cancel (with less than 24 hours notice) or fail to keep an appointment for services and/or exercise programmes.
28. You may not use the gymnasium whilst under the influence of alcohol or anticoagulant, antihistamines, beta-blockers, narcotics, or tranquillisers. If you have high or low blood pressure, heart disease and/or diabetes you should consult your doctor prior to using the Club.
29. You must pre-book classes to ensure your participation in them.
30. Class timetables and instructors are subject to change from time to time without notice.
31. In order to avoid disturbing classes, you are requested to arrive in good time. Entrance to classes will be barred to anyone arriving more than five (5) minutes late.
32. Where, in the opinion of an instructor, a class is overcrowded, the instructor may restrict the number of attendees at that class.
33. An instructor may, at any time, ask you to leave a class if you are jeopardising the safety or enjoyment of others.
34. We reserve the right to limit you to participating in only one exercise class per day.
35. Fitness class access times are dependent upon your membership type.
BEHAVIOUR & DRESS
36. You should conduct yourself in a quiet and well-mannered fashion when in or about the Club and in a manner that will not disturb or impair the use and enjoyment of the Club by any other person. In particular, you may not use foul, loud or abusive language, nor will you molest or harass other Members, guests, visitors or members of staff. You may not bring, use or be under the influence of illegal drugs in any part of the Club. You may not bring any intoxicating liquor into the Club or be drunk in the Club.
37. We may terminate your SnowDome Fitness Membership (if applicable) and may refuse you entry or eject you from the Club if you commit a serious or repeated breach of these Rules or your Membership contract (if applicable) or you engage in any other serious misconduct.
38. Members of the Club, their guests and visitors and members of staff should at all times display mutual respect for each other.
39. Complaints should be communicated privately to a member of the relevant Club’s management, or in writing through the suggestion/comments boxes or by post to the Centre Manager.
40. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the Club.
41. You must be dressed in suitable attire at all times when on Club premises and appropriate exercise clothing is required whilst exercising in the Club. Guidance as to suitable attire may be obtained from the Centre Manager who may, at his/her discretion, require you to leave a Club premises or part of a Club premises, if your attire is not considered suitable.
42. Only one individual is permitted in a shower cubicle at any one time (with the exception of a parent or guardian who may take his/her own child aged up to 8 years into a shower cubicle with him/her).
43. Lockers are made available subject to availability. You must lock your locker whilst in use, both for security, and to show other people that the locker is occupied.
44. SnowDome Fitness does not undertake that use of a locker will guarantee that no theft of or damage to your property will occur. You should check that your household contents or other insurance policy protects you against any risk of theft.
45. Lockers may only be used for the purposes of keeping gym kit, toiletries and the clothing that you were wearing when you came to the Club. The keeping of any other items in the Club’s lockers is prohibited. If SnowDome Fitness has reasonable grounds to suspect that a locker is being used in breach of this Rule, SnowDome Fitness reserves the right to open the locker in question (by force if necessary) and remove any offending items.
46. Lockers are available for use only whilst you are on a Club’s premises. Use of a locker whilst not on Club premises is prohibited. If you leave your belongings overnight in a locker, SnowDome Fitness reserves the right to open the locker (by force if necessary) and remove your belongings.
47. Your belongings so removed will be available for collection from the Club’s reception for a period of thirty (30) days. If you do not collect your belongings within thirty (30) days, your belongings may be donated to charity.
48. Lockers and locker keys remain the property of the Club and locker keys must not be taken from the Club’s premises at any time.
49. Our car parks may only be used by members, guests and visitors whilst they are on Club premises. You may not leave your car in our car parks at any other time (For example, you may not leave it there following a Club visit while you go shopping elsewhere). There is a fee as set out in the Club price list for replacement of lost, stolen or damaged cards.
SWIMMING POOL AREA
50. For reasons of health and hygiene you must:
(a) obey the instructions of our lifeguards;
(b) always shower before entering the swimming pool;
(c) not consume or store, or bring into the changing rooms or swimming pool area, any food or drink or any kind of glass container; and
(d) only shave in the wash basins provided.
51. Club management reserves the right to limit your time in the swimming pool if it is busy.
52. You must:
(a) wear long hair up, or in a swimming cap, whilst in the swimming pool;
(b) not run around, jump or dive into the swimming pool;
(c) comply with any swimming direction posted in the swimming pool area; and
(d) wear conventional swimming costumes only.
53. No balls, floats or inflatables are permitted in the swimming pool area other than those provided by the Club.
54. The swimming pool areas will at certain times be reserved for adults only, swimmers only, swimming lessons, aqua aerobics, flume and public only sessions. The swimming pool timetable will be displayed on the Club notice board.
55. If you have high or low blood pressure, heart disease, cardiac irregularities, asthma and/or diabetes and if you are pregnant you should consult your doctor prior to using the Club facilities.
56. Pool access times are dependent upon your membership type.
HEALTH & SAFETY
57. You must use the main entrance to the Club when entering or leaving that Club.
58. Fire exits, which are clearly marked, are there in the interests of safety and you must not interfere with fire doors for any reason.
59. You must read the health & safety notices posted outside any equipment or facility in the Club and comply with their recommendations.
CHILDREN - GENERAL
60. Children Swim Members aged up to 7yrs must be under direct supervision at all times by an adult Member (a Parent or legal guardian or any other person who has been registered with us as someone who may bring the Child Member into the Club and take responsibility for them).
61. Children Swim Members aged 7 years or below may change in either sex change room, under supervision. Child Members aged 8-16 years must change in the changing room of their own sex.
SWIMMING POOL AREA
62. Children’s Swim Memberships are available as an addition to a current adult Membership subscription only.
63. Swimming Memberships for children mirror the access times and membership commitment to that of the adults current Membership to which they are linked. A maximum of 2 children’s Memberships are allowed per adult Member – unless otherwise agreed with the Club.
64. The ages of children allowed to use the pool vary according to local guidelines and insurance advice. Please refer to the relevant Club’s notice board.
65. Where Children Swim Members are allowed to use the swimming pool the following rules apply:
(a) Child Swim Members may only use the swimming pool between the times posted within the Club, and these may vary on occasion;
(b) Child Swim Members 7 years and under must be accompanied by an adult Member (maximum two (2) children per adult);
(c) the adult must accompany children aged 7 years and under into the pool area and must remain there as they remain responsible for the child’s / children’s behaviour and safety.
GYMNASIUM & CLASSES
66. Child Swim Members may not use the gymnasium or participate in fitness classes.